Thursday, June 07, 2007

Short post before VACATION!



One more day of work before our trip to Mexico City and Zihuatanejo...I can hardly wait to see the pyramids, Frida Kahlo's old stomping grounds, lay on the beach and eat some serious seafood. I have a long list of restaurants I want to try in Mexico City but I doubt we'll have time to visit them all! I am excited about going to Contramar which I heard about from Potatomato- it's a must eat destination, apparently! On our first night, we will have dinner at the house of an acquaintance which I'm also looking forward to- it's always great to see how people cook in their own homes when you're away from your own.



The other night I made up a donburi (bowl) of sorts- brown rice topped with edamame, stewed kabocha, canned Japanese seasoned tuna, steamed spinach and green onions. I could live on the kobocha alone, but the combination of sweet, salty and savory was great. A side of tofu topped with enoki mushrooms and macha powder plus a small salad completed the meal.



I promise lots of Mexico photos, food and stories upon our return!

Have a great week!!

3 comments:

foodette said...

Yum, that meal looks great! I didn't know there was Japanese canned tuna that was different from what I am used to. Have fun on your trip!

mint and orange said...

Have an awesome time on your trip!
Bring back lots of food pictures!

Weylin said...

Hullo! I love your site, it's so cheery and you remind me of California (ai..sad!) I especially liked the upside down cake you made for your dad's bday but LA times has taken down the page. Do you have the recipe by any chance? Can you email me liewweylin@gmail.com or visit my site epicurative.blogspot.com?