Friday, May 02, 2008

Recipe: BBQ Tofu Wrap



Look, ma, more fun with tofu! Ok, this “recipe” isn’t really a recipe and may come as a surprise since I just stated in my last post that I feel tofu works best with Asian flavors, but this one is an exception! I had some tofu leftover from my soba noodle salad recipe so the next day I just tossed together this wrap which will definitely be on my regular menu for quick and easy dinners from now on.

As I did with the tofu in the salad recipe, I weighted down the loaf with some thick paper towels and got a lot of the water out. I then tossed it in some of my favorite BBQ sauce and just pan fried them until they were heated through. It was then time to build the wrap:

I got one Whole Wheat Olive Oil Wrap from Trader Joe’s and filled it with greens and corn cut straight off a steamed cob:




Then added the BBQ’d tofu slices, fresh ripe avocado, sliced red onions and chopped cilantro:



Then rolled it into a nice little wrap……….



…..which I served up with a mixed green salad. And dinner was done!



Happy Friday!

2 comments:

Food, she thought. said...

that looks extremely nice. i have been experimenting with Gardein vegetable protein filets from Whole Foods of late, to some success and some lack thereof. This post makes me want to venture forth.

Lilmissjbstyle said...

Hi nice readiing your blog