The Tuna Toast Ten
Here's the first edition of our new weekly feature, The Tuna Toast Ten. It's just a list of ten food-related questions that will be answered by a different person every Tuesday.
For the very first edition, I thought it'd be appropriate to ask my fellow blogger, friend and unofficial adopted little brother, Dylan, who writes one of my favorite food blogs, Eat, Drink & Be Merry, to kick it all off. Enjoy!
Occupation: Art director/graphic designer
City, State of residence: Silver Lake, CA
Website/blog/thing you'd like to pimp: Eat, drink & be merry
1. The best restaurant meal I've had recently is:
Palate, Glendale. The food cooked by Chef Octavio Becerra, formerly of Patina, is filled with flavor and soul.
2. If money wasn't an issue, I would want to eat at:
Urusawa. I'd probably eat sushi 4 x's a week if I could afford it.
3.The food I eat most often is:
Asian noodle soup! That's easily 4 x's a week. (Ed note: Dylan is the expert on Asian noodle soup- he even taught Bourdain a thing or two about his favorite dish!)
4. No great meal is complete without:
Hookers, midgets, a keg, narcotics, strobe lights and techno music. Just kidding. I'd say company.
5. The best cheap eats in my neighborhood:
In SGV (Ed note: That's San Gabriel Valley for all you non-SoCal-ers), virtually every restaurant is a good deal. At the moment, it's Armenian 'pizza' called lahmejune. it's $.75 each at the local Armenian market!
6. There's no way in hell I'd ever eat:
Nothing I won't try eating once.
7. My go-to dish I'd cook for guests is:
Anything braised in my Le Creuset pot. You throw whatever in, throw it in a 500 oven for 2.5 hours and magic happens.
8. Man can't live on food alone, so my favorite libation is:
9. My favorite guilty food pleasure is (c'mon....be HONEST!):
Bacon, pork belly, anything with eggs, anything with chili and $.99 deep fried stuff from fast-food joints.
10. My favorite food-related website/blog is (no obligation to list TT, we're completely objective over here!):
To tell you the truth, I don't read food blogs. (Ed note: Is that why you met your fiancée via food blogging? You two are the "It" couple of the food blogging world!)