This week, the lovely Nicole Landau joins us to tackle the questions on everyone's mind (or maybe just mine?), The Tuna Toast Ten. Nicole is a very talented artist and incredibly adept baker who specializes in scones. Art and yummy eats? Sign us up!
Name: Nicole Landau
City, State of residence: Los Angeles, CA
Website/blog/thing you'd like to pimp: NicoleLandau.com This weekend, join me at Affaire in the Gardens Art Show in Beverly Hills. Between Rodeo and Rexford on Santa Monica Blvd. October 18th and 19th from 10am to 6pm. 200 Artists. Wine. Food. A beautiful day in the park.
1. The best restaurant meal I've had recently is:
Farfalla. They have the best homemade spinach and cheese ravioli I have ever had! My mouth waters just thinking about it. The seafood salad is perfectly seasoned with olive oil and lemon. And who really drinks Chianti? But their house Chianti is perfection.
2. If money wasn't an issue, I would want to eat at:
Katsuya all the time.
3. The food I eat most often is:
Sushi if I go out and vegetarian if I stay in.
4. No great meal is complete without:
5. The best cheap eats in my neighborhood:
The Alcove. Not exactly the cheapest, but the atmosphere on the patio is great!
6. There's no way in hell I'd ever eat:
Foie gras. Why would anyone eat the liver of a tortured animal? I think it is bad karma. [Ed note: guess I'm doomed to be struck by lightning then!]
7. My go-to dish I'd cook for guests is:
Shrimp Ceviche & Goat Cheese Tomatillo Potato Tacos with homemade Mango Salsa. Homemade scones or lava cake for dessert. [Ed note: Uh, I'd like to be a guest at your house!]
8. Man can't live on food alone, so my favorite libation is:
The Burning Mandarin at Katsuya. That slice of Serrano Chili Pepper will have your lips tingling and on fire.
9. My favorite guilty food pleasure is (c'mon....be HONEST!):
Lucky Charms. Yummy! [Ed note: they are magically delicious!]
10. My favorite food-related website/blog is (no obligation to list TT, we're completely objective over here!):
The Food Network website is really my go-to website. I am always looking for new recipes to make my own. I like to see what Bobby Flay and Giada DeLaurentis is cooking.