Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Summer Grillin'



I'm finally getting a chance to blog as work has been crazy busy lately. Although I wanted to blog about my Father's Day dinner (which was made up almost entirely of Sunday Suppers at Lucques recipes), I don't have the energy to give it the attention it deserves so I will bank it for later in the week.

Due to the busy schedule and the increasingly warm temperatures, I've been spending more and more time with a new friend. To some extent, this friend has been around my whole life but I'd never really spent enough time with that friend to develop any really close feelings. Not that this friend was lonely- after all, half of the entire population (my dad included) have a deep and meaningful bond with said friend.

Well, lately I've been making up for lost time and enjoying every moment of it.



Everyone, meet my new friend, The Grill. Yes, I hate to admit that I've neglected this relationship most of my life and only occasionally invited her to the party (yes, my grill is female). Now that I've seen the light and realized how much time and effort she saves me on my weeknight meals, I've started hanging out with her almost daily....sometimes even twice in the same day! I love how it only takes about 8 minutes to grill up big, meaty whole chicken breasts while that old friend, Mr. Stove would insist that I spend at least 15 minutes for him to get the same results. Even thick filets of fish turn out slightly charred and crispy on the outside and tender on the inside in just a few minutes. Just check out this swordfish we had for dinner last night. Paired with mixed greens and a BBQ'd corn succotash, it was one quick and healthy weeknight meal that we'd have again and again.




Grill, I think this is the start of a beautiful friendship.

,

1 comment:

Joycelyn said...

hi, what a fabulous spread! i'm totally in love with the sunday suppers book too