Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Lemon Chicken

Volcano smoke? No! Cauliflower!

I spend a good deal of my day reading food blogs (er, at home of course...not at work!). I'm constantly inspired by the writings, photos and recipes put out there by fellow bloggers. There are so many recipes and so little time to make and eat them all that at times, it's overwhelming! Every time I spy a gorgeous photo like this one, I print out the recipe, stuff it in my bag and start daydreaming of a fantastic brunch party at my house filled with friends and family just "ooooohing" and "ahhhhhhhing" about the fabulous food. Although I have good intentions to cook things I find on other blogs, lack of time (in general) and organization (mine) usually results in the recipe finding it's way to the bottom of my bag, temporarily forgotten and left to wait for rescue.

I found out the other day that there is hope for me just yet. All bad habits are made to be broken, and I may be well on my way to actually using those beloved recipes instead of just taking them home. You see, the other night we had a nice dinner of the Lemon Chicken I had seen on The Wednesday Chef. After reading about how The Wednesday Chef's beau proclaimed this chicken as the best thing she'd cooked for him EVER (which is quite something if you look at all of the delights that this lady has created) I knew I had to try it for myself. I bought my Costco-sized package of whole chicken legs (because it only came in the gianormous size) and eagerly trotted off to my kitchen to get to work.

Browning the chicken

It really is a simple recipe- season chicken, brown, finish off in oven, deglaze pan with lemon juice, add creme fraiche and drizzle over meat, sprinkle with lemon zest. It was so fresh and lightly creamy- we loved it, as did our house guest who remarked, "ZESTY!" Paired up with sides of mashed cauliflower and sauteed mushrooms, it made a comforting yet elegant meal.

Somewhat unappetizing photo of Lemon Chicken, sauteed mushrooms and mashed cauliflower

One recipe down....150,000 to go!

,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay! I'm so glad you liked it! So easy, isn't it? Make it more than once, and I bet you could do it blind-folded...