Friday, March 03, 2006

Ode to Trader Joe's

"My TJ's" (to be sung to the melody of "My Heart Will Go On" from the Titanic)

(verse 1)
Every night I try hard
To come home, cook dinner
But sometimes it's not in the stars
Near, so near to my house
The one place I turn to
Thanks to you I don't have to starve...

(chorus)
Near, far, wherever you are
I believe you have great stuff to eat.....
Once more, it isn't a chore
To have mealtime with no work
Thanks to you, oh Trader Joe's!

(verse 2)
Love is found in your wines
They show me a great time
And your cheeses are just divine
Veggie enchiladas
Lasagnas, tortillas
Fuji apples are so sublime......

(final chorus- sing extra loudly and start pounding your chest)
Beer, fish!
It's all just delish
And I fear that I can't live without
Tuna Panang
It's spicy with a bang
It's all here at my TJ's
Oh T Joe....don't ever go.......................

(finish with light flute melody fading out into the ocean.....)

Welsh cheddar w/ whole grain mustard and ale

Manchego

Kashi and tablewater crackers

Genius. Frozen basil in cubes.

We'll call this the meat of the meal....

Ok ok....you're probably wondering "Where's dinner?" Sometimes a nice plate of some cheese, crackers, tomatoes w/ balsamic and basil and a bottle (or a couple of bottles) of wine does the trick. That's MY kind of dinner;).


+ +

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a nice change for dinner. Everything looks wonderful.....bet it tasted great, too....yummmmmm