Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Biscuits 'N Eggs

The other day, J and I had a total hankering for something carby. We wanted anything in the bread family but alas- there was not one member left in our house. No tortillas, no bread of any sort....not even any crackers. When he jokingly suggested that I make some bread, I just looked at him like he was bonkers and snorted, "Er, yeah...just make some bread right now?" Maybe in an alternate universe where bread could be made in 10 minutes. We wanted bread and we wanted it now!

After another run-through of the pantry, I realized that I had some Trader Joe's (no, I don't work for them!) Buttermilk Pancake and Baking Mix. Score! I also had some buttermilk leftover in the fridge- score #2!! I quickly mixed the two and added a nice handful of green onions, a pat of butter and a generous scoop of grated parmesan. Ten minutes in the toaster oven at 400 degrees and presto- I had my carbs!

Piping hot green onion & parmesan drop-biscuits

The biscuits were extremely light and fluffy and the tang of the parmesan mixed with the freshness of the green onions was absolutely addictive. I cut the biscuits in half lengthwise and topped each with a medium poached egg and a dollop of salsa. Breakfast heaven!

Poached eggs make anything taste better

There is no greater motivator than a major craving!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! How creative are you? Motivated by hunger, I generally have to get in the car and go looking...ha ha. Looks wonderful...