Thursday, August 16, 2007

Red Velvet Cupcakes



Sorry for the lack of posts lately but I've been sick as a dog, coughing up a lung or two and generally not feeling very well. I'm finally back at work but I have a feeling this hacking cough is going to hang out with me for awhile. At least my coworker commented that I sound sexy à la Demi Moore, so I guess there's a silver lining, ha.


Speaking of coworker, I made these cupcakes for one of them for his birthday. The red velvet cupcakes from Doughboys seem to be the popular birthday dessert of choice in my office, so I figured I'd whip some up on my own. I've used this red velvet cake recipe for years now- it's like my Old Faithful and no doubt I've posted about it before. It makes a fantastic cake layered with the perfect frosting and berries, and it also makes cute, moist cupcakes that are perfect for giving away.



I hope you'll get a chance to make these- just make sure you buy red gel food coloring, available at Sur La Table. The liquid food coloring sold at the grocery store will give you a Pink Velvet cake instead!


2 comments:

henrychan888 said...

looks amazing! very lucky co-worker!

Anonymous said...

those are pretty darn cute!